Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A quick update, more to come later... I got home around 3am this morning from my climb on Sahale Peak (standard return time from a North Cascades climb). The climb was awesome and I have many pictures to share. I'll post them along with the whole story as soon as I'm finished building the photo album.

Last week I finally found a pair of plastic boots at Oregon Mountain Community. I went with the Koflach Degre's with the upgrade Intuition thermofit liner. I had a chance to try them on Sahale and they worked great. I have a couple of tweaks to make to the thermofit liner, but other than that I'm very happy with them.

Before I left for Sahale, Kerry and I did a day hike up Larch Mountain. We started from the Wahkeena Springs trailhead which has recently been paved all the way up to the viewpoint. This used to be a good trail to avoid the masses at Multanomah Falls. We'll have to see what the new pavement brings to this previously quiet route. Anyway, it was a perfect day for a hike our photos can be viewed here.

Anyway, stay tuned for the Sahale story...

No comments: