Tuesday, October 17, 2006

After spending all day Monday recovering my laptop from a near disaster here are the photos from my Beacon Rock climb last week...

I spent the past weekend trail running and climbing at PRG. On Saturday Kerry and I tried out a new 7.7 mile loop in Forest park. It was the Mable-Wildwood loop describe in the "Red Sullivan Guide" on page 20. It is described as a hike but makes a great trail run with only 500 feet elevation gain. The loop is far enough north to avoid the weekend crowds on Leif Erikson. We ran it counter clockwise as described in the book, but next time I'll going to try it counter-clockwise. The descent is a little steep to run down. On Sunday we did the short loop around waterfront and then went climbing at PRG for a couple of hours.

The last couple of days I've been spending most of my non-adventure time working on various Mazamas related projects. I am trying to finish up an article I'm writing for the Mazamas Annual on my trip to climb Pico de Orizaba in Mexico. I've also been helping plan another Mazamas Expedition Committee slideshow (Beth Rodden & Tommy Caldwell) and putting together a presentation on what the Expedition Committee does for the upcoming Mazamas Discovery Night.

Tonight Kerry and I have tickets to see the West Side Story at Portland Center Stage. It's the first show of the season and I'm looking forward to checking out the new Gerding Theater...

No comments: