Monday, November 13, 2006

I spent the afternoon at PRG with Leisure Life Larry today. Even though I haven't climbed in about 3 weeks I was able to get right back on the wall and crank out 8 routes including a couple of 5.9's and a 5.10-. The new ratings at PRG are definitely stiffer than they were last year. That is good because now they seem to be more in line with what Smith ratings are. I've decided it's time to invest in a new pair of climbing shoes. I'm sure that will please those of you I've been climbing with after listening to me whine all summer about my toes sticking out of the end of my shoe.

This past weekend Kerry and I did a couple of long trail runs in the rain. On Saturday we ran my new favorite loop in Forest Park - the 7.7 mile Maple-Wildwood loop. On Sunday we did the shorter 3 mile "hill fest" loop in Hoyt Arboretum. Even though it's only 3 miles and takes about 30 minutes, you end up working for every inch of it.

This week I'm continuing on the consolidation plan of moving everything from the Train Station to the Shack and getting rid of a bunch of duplicate stuff. This weekend is the annual Mazama banquet at the Oregon Zoo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's not a snooze fest like last year. They changed the format so it should be more interesting.

That's all for now. Not much exciting going on with LLC until ski season starts...

No comments: