Wednesday, November 22, 2006

This afternoon I went climbing with a couple of friends at PRG. I started off by leading a 5.8 route with no warm ups. It was a very easy 5.8 but my first real lead in about 10 months. I was definitely nervous but it felt great to get past the psychological barrier I had developed about lead climbing. After the single lead I went on to top rope a 5.9, a 5.10-, and tried a 5.11-. I didn't complete the 5.11- but spent enough time at the crux that I'm pretty sure I can get past it the next time. This is very exciting since it was about 14 months ago that my climbing peaked when I tried (unsuccessfully) another 5.11- route and then started having finger problems. My finger problems still persist but the fact that I can almost climb what I did before means I'm adapting to the whole situation.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to going back to PRG after the holiday weekend to lead some 5.9's and try to complete my first 5.11- route. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: